Each year, the Division temporarily closes its system to e-filing to be able to get ready for the operational system for the upcoming filing season. The Internal Revenue Service, and a great many other states, follow the same practice. This year, the Rhode Island modernized e-file (MeF) shutdown and customer will happen on Saturday, November 17, 2018, the same time as the IRS.
To ensure that e-filed Rhode Island returns for tax or 2017 on Form RI-1040 (citizen and nonresident), Form RI-1120C, Form RI-1120S, and Form RI-1065 are processed regularly, transmitters must abide by the schedule. All e-filed Rhode Island results for taxes 12 months 2017 will have a transmission deadline of 10:00 p.m.
Eastern Time on Saturday, November 17, 2018. In order to avoid any last-minute logjams, taxpayers and preparers should get their electronic submissions with their transmitters well before the deadline. For e-file purposes, Rhode Island accepts only current-year returns. Thus, November 17, 2018, is the deadline for e-filing Rhode Island personal and business tax returns for the 2017 tax 12 months. When the switchover is completed, and the Division of Taxation reopens to e-filing, for January 2019 scheduled, or e-filing will be available limited to profits for the 2018 tax.
- Can you really make money within the first a day? Possible, however, not likely. Don’t get on it
- Meeting with Landis Technologies customers at booth #2012 & somewhere else
- Why do I’d like to start up an online Home Business
- No super restricted clothes
How the annual e-file production shutdown will impact fiscal-year filers depends upon the filer’s deadline. For instance, a fiscal-year filer with a due date of November 30, 2018, can still e-file but only if willing to document early, by the November 17, 2018, e-file shutdown. Otherwise, the entity will have to document in writing. Practitioners who, because of the e-file cover and shutdown, must file their client returns on paper shall not be penalized under terms of Rhode Island’s e-file mandate. For further on the mandate, see Rhode Island General Laws § 44-1-31.1 and Regulation 280-RICR-20-30-2 (“Electronic Filing for Paid Preparers”).
Step 1 works but Step two 2 gives a warning that the fqdn is already used. Anyone know a means around it? Getting the same error: All the channel servers are down. I have tried everything within all of the links provided but still dead in the water. Any other shiny ideas? You ‘must’ have the “Message Queuing” feature installed. It will now be working.
8. I’m starting a fresh company and we don’t have enough history to have an audited financial record completed. What do we do? 9. Can I continue to use my surety bond or notice of credit only to meet up with the financial requirements to renew my permit? No. All ongoing companies must post an audited financial record.